FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Do while problem comcerning Cells

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > Do while problem comcerning Cells

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello again,

could you please explain to me, why this loop only works porperly until about “do while b < 10000":

Sub test()
    Dim aDataset As DataSet
    Dim b As Long
    b = 1

Dim fYFirstValue

Set aDataset = ThisDatabase.RootFolder.Object("Time", fpObjectTypeDataSet)

Do While b < 10000

fYFirstValue =
    aDataset.Value(fpDataComponentY, 1, b)

b = b + 1

Loop

Debug.Print fYFirstValue
        Debug.Print b
    End Sub

My data row consits of about 2 Mio entries. Is there a way to change my liuttle macro in order to make it work?

Thanks!

Hello again,

could you please explain to me, why this loop only works porperly until about “do while b < 10000": [code] Sub test() Dim aDataset As DataSet Dim b As Long b = 1 Dim fYFirstValue Set aDataset = ThisDatabase.RootFolder.Object("Time", fpObjectTypeDataSet) Do While b < 10000 fYFirstValue = aDataset.Value(fpDataComponentY, 1, b) b = b + 1 Loop Debug.Print fYFirstValue Debug.Print b End Sub[/code] My data row consits of about 2 Mio entries. Is there a way to change my liuttle macro in order to make it work? Thanks!

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

This sample code should work.

Please send your FlexPr database with the macro to
    support@weisang.com

It actuallay works, but after about 10000-100000 entries it’s getting very slow. Thus going through 2 Mio entries means probably several hours of waiting, without even calculating anything during this period of time.Just checking the data row.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

With every enlargement of the data set, FlexPro has to copy the values internally, which is very expensive, particularly with larger data sets. Furthermore the data volume which is transferred to the Automation interface of FlexPro per access, is very low. You can avoid these problems by first gathering the data in an array and then transferring its content as a whole.

Dim Data(1000000 - 1) As Double

For i =  0 to 100000 - 1
    	Data(i) = NewValue
    Next
    With DataSeries
    	.NumberOfRows = .NumberOfRows + 1000000
    	.Range(fpDataComponentY, , .NumberOfRows - 1000000 + 1, , .NumberOfRows).Value = Data
    End With

See Online Help
    Working with a data set
    Support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.