FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Bug from ReadTextFile()

Home > Community > FPScript > Bug from ReadTextFile()

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m using the ReadTextFile() function to read data in several csv file from different linked sources.
    I get the root of the filename from a parameter and then apply a timefilter and next export the selected and filtered part in a .csv or matlab file.

This principle work properly at the firt opening of the base. If I change the date criteria and force the update I get this king of message:

“The first argument of the function ReadTextFile() refers to the unreadable file “xxx.csv”: system error message: le fichier spécifié est introuvable”

for all formulas using the script

If I close and open again the Project database after save the new date for the time filter, no problem, it works !

I’m using FP9.1.4 under W7 and 8 GB of ram

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem. I check already all the option relative to memory stuff , but with no sucess.

Please help

JFP

Hi

I’m using the ReadTextFile() function to read data in several csv file from different linked sources.
    I get the root of the filename from a parameter and then apply a timefilter and next export the selected and filtered part in a .csv or matlab file.

This principle work properly at the firt opening of the base. If I change the date criteria and force the update I get this king of message:

“The first argument of the function ReadTextFile() refers to the unreadable file “xxx.csv”: system error message: le fichier spécifié est introuvable”

for all formulas using the script

If I close and open again the Project database after save the new date for the time filter, no problem, it works !

I’m using FP9.1.4 under W7 and 8 GB of ram

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem. I check already all the option relative to memory stuff , but with no sucess.

Please help

JFP

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The problem seems to be related to the filename used in the ReadTextFile() function. Without further knowledge how this string is obtained, we hardly can say something definitely on the reason of this issue. It may be worthwhile to add a call to MessageBox() to output the calculated filename before applying ReadTextFile() to narrow the case.

Note: The forum may not be the best place to post specific problems or bugs, since without an email address we can’t ask for further clarification.

Hi

Thanks for the answer. Could you instruct me how to send you some examples files to clarify the issue ?

thanks

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

If (may be after defragmentation) the (zipped) FlexPro project database has a reasonable size, it can be attached to the forum entry or mailed to support@weisang.com with a description of the problem/bug, how it can be reproduced and information like the exact FlexPro version (x.y.z, 32 or 64 bit), its serial number and the Windows version used.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.