When FlexPro is started all modules in [path]System[/path] are loaded, where [path][/path] is the FlexPro installation path, normally [path]C-Program FilesFlexPro 6.0[/path]. Some of the module require additional DLLs – that are present in the System folder too – especially the ones given in t8 error messages above.
Due to the strategy which is used by Windows when starting an application the [path]System[/path] folder must be in the path for FlexPro.EXE, when FlexPro is started (otherwise only the folder [path][/path] is searched for the additional DLLs.
If one or more of the above error messages occur one of the following issues could be the reason:
- installation of FlexPro failed
- the application path for FlexPro was overwritten by a later installation of FlexPro to a different folder (could also be FlexPro 5.0)
- FlexPro is started not from the machine where it is started
To fix this issue there are two possible solutions:
- If you do not need the SPSS-, SYSTAT- and/or SEFRAM-Import you can delete the following files in [path]System[/path]:
- SEFRAM-Import: SeframImport.dll, SEFRAMRecorderImport.dll
- SPSS-Import: SPSSImport.dll, spssio32.dll
- SYSTAT-Import: SYSIO32.DLL, SYSTATImport.dll
- If you need the import filter proceed as follows:
- Run REGEDIT.
- Navigate to the key [path]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionApp PathsFlexPro.EXE[/path].
- Edit the string value Path and set it to the following value: [path];System[/path]
- Close REGEDIT
Afterwards when starting FlexPro no error should occur.