Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Set timezone to UTC

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > Set timezone to UTC

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

To avoid problems with daylight saving time and different timezones, I want to set the timezone to UTC when I start FlexPro. Is there a VBA script that can manage this ?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

FlexPro saves calendar times as numerical values which contain the number of seconds since the 1. 1. 1970 in “Universal Time Coordinated” (UTC). Using a calendar time formatter, you can display these numerical values as a calendar time. FlexPro thereby converts the UTC values automatically into the time zone set in the Control Panel. Using an option, however, you can specify that the output is to be in coordinated world time. The formatter specifies which elements of an UTC time value should be displayed.

If you change the global time zone (set in the Control Panel) FlexPro must be restarted!

VBA doesn’t give you any built-in functions for determining either GMT or your offset from it, or what time zone your are located in. Therefore, you’ll have to use the Windows API (or Application Programmatic Interface) calls, to get this information directly from Windows.

See also Microsoft Article “How to change time zone information by using Visual Basic” (Article ID 221542). http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221542/en-us

Support@weisang.com

To avoid problems with daylight saving time and different timezones, I want to set the timezone to UTC when I start FlexPro. Is there a VBA script that can manage this ?

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.