Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Sequential Numbering

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > Sequential Numbering

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Fiona VidalFiona Vidal
    Teilnehmer

I am trying to write a piece of VBA code to copy and paste a specific folder, “Data1”, from multiple files into one file. The data will subsequently be concatenated. I would like to name the folders that are pasted into the main FPD file sequentially, i.e. 01,02,03… etc. Do you know how I would do this? The number of files would be arbitrary.

Many thanks for your help

Fiona VidalFiona Vidal
    Teilnehmer

I am trying to write a piece of VBA code to copy and paste a specific folder, “Data1”, from multiple files into one file. The data will subsequently be concatenated. I would like to name the folders that are pasted into the main FPD file sequentially, i.e. 01,02,03… etc. Do you know how I would do this? The number of files would be arbitrary.

Many thanks for your help

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

Using the Open method of the Databases collection of the Application object, one can load a FlexPro project database. The Folder object to be copied can be obtained via the RootFolder method of the opened Database object. Using its CopyTo method with the RootFolder of the destination Database performs the actual copy operation. With the Rename method the newly created folder can be given the desired name.

If you count the databases using an integer variable nCnt and FlexPro project database filenames as a string sFpd the code in your loop might look like the following:

Dim nCnt As Integer
    Dim sDstName As String
    Dim oSrcDb As Database
    Dim oSrcFolder As Folder
    Dim sFpd

sDstName = "Data" & Right$(Str$(nCnt + 100), 2)
    Set oSrcDb = Application.Databases.Open(sFpd, fpOpenModeReadOnly)
    Set oSrcFolder = oSrcDb.RootFolder("Data", fpObjectTypeFolder)
    oSrcFolder.CopyTo(ThisDatabase.RootFolder, fpNameClashHandlingOverwrite).Rename sDstName
    oSrcDb.Close fpDoNotSaveChanges

But be aware that opening a project database is a time consuming operation, so get a cup of coffee when executing the script.

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.