Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

filling X column with formula in VBA

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > filling X column with formula in VBA

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

Good morning,

I am using a formula ( see vb code ) to fill the X column of a signal . The “.FillColumns” line in the code generate an error message “invalid procedure call or argument” .

It only works If I replace the Step variable directly by a numerical value but I need to use a variable in the formula.
    How can I do ?

Dim oSignal As DataSet
    Dim Step
    Step = 0.1
    Set oSignal = ActiveDatabase.RootFolder.Add(“Random”, fpObjectTypeDataSet)

With oSignal
    .DataStructure = fpDataStructureSignal
    .DataType(fpDataComponentX) = fpDataTypeFloat32
    .DataType(fpDataComponentY) = fpDataTypeFloat32
    .NumberOfRows = NbPoints

.FillColumns “(NumberOfValues(i), FloatingPoint32 1,FloatingPoint32 Step )”, fpDataComponentX

.Value(fpDataComponentY) = DataY
    End With

Best regards

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

The first argument of the FillColumns method is a FPScript formula which will be evaluated to produce a data series or data matrix to be assigned to the component specified as the second argument. The variable i is predefined and holds a data series of index values 0, 1, 2, 3 and so on.
    In your code you are using a second variable Step which is decraded on the VBA level but not for the FPScript function. To solve your problem you may either exchange Step by the literal constant 0.1 or add the following code to the FPScript formula:

Dim Step
    Step = 0.1
    (NumberOfValues(i), FloatingPoint32 1,FloatingPoint32 Step )

Hint: If you switch on macro recording and the use the command “Fill column with values” you will see that FlexPro uses an FPScript with delarations as given above.

support@weisang.com

Good morning,

I am using a formula ( see vb code ) to fill the X column of a signal . The “.FillColumns” line in the code generate an error message “invalid procedure call or argument” .

It only works If I replace the Step variable directly by a numerical value but I need to use a variable in the formula.
    How can I do ?

Dim oSignal As DataSet
    Dim Step
    Step = 0.1
    Set oSignal = ActiveDatabase.RootFolder.Add(“Random”, fpObjectTypeDataSet)

With oSignal
    .DataStructure = fpDataStructureSignal
    .DataType(fpDataComponentX) = fpDataTypeFloat32
    .DataType(fpDataComponentY) = fpDataTypeFloat32
    .NumberOfRows = NbPoints

.FillColumns “(NumberOfValues(i), FloatingPoint32 1,FloatingPoint32 Step )”, fpDataComponentX

.Value(fpDataComponentY) = DataY
    End With

Best regards

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.