Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

accessing parameters to add to diagrams

Home > Community > General > accessing parameters to add to diagrams

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    Dermot CraddenDermot Cradden
    Teilnehmer

I am trying to add parameters of datasets and folders into diagrams and documents.

I cannot find any reference to them in any dropdown boxes for “fields” to enter them into text boxes of diagrams to use as headers.

I would like to identify information such as serial and part numbers in diagrams and have them update automatically as the activated folder changes and the diagram curves are updated.

Teilnehmer

I am trying to add parameters of datasets and folders into diagrams and documents.

I cannot find any reference to them in any dropdown boxes for “fields” to enter them into text boxes of diagrams to use as headers.

I would like to identify information such as serial and part numbers in diagrams and have them update automatically as the activated folder changes and the diagram curves are updated.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

Use the Parameters command to access a parameter.

Example: The dataset ‘Dataset’ includes the Parameter ‘P’

%{Dataset.Parameters("P")}

Alternatively you can create a FPScript function the get the Parameter value:

Dataset.Parameters("P")

support@weisang.com

Teilnehmer

Thanks, it looks like i can get that to work for datasets in folders, but if the parameters are associated with the folder it fails.

I would rather display parameters of the activated folder rather than a specific dataset located in the folder.

changing the dataset name to a folder name doesn’t work.

is there a different syntax for folder names?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

Use the following command to access a parameter of the parent folder:

%{ThisFPObject.ParentFolder.Parameters("P")}

Alternatively you can use the object name to access an object. If the object to be found is not a formula, not a data set and not an analysis or data link object, you have to attach the extension corresponding to the object type to the object name.
    Example:

\Folder.FLD.Parameters("P")

See also
    FlexPro Help|FlexPro Objects

support@weisang.com

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.