Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Working with Excel files in FlexPro

Accueil > Community > General > Working with Excel files in FlexPro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a few questions that are probably best lumped into a single post.

I am using Office XP, windows XP and Flexpro 30day demo.

I have an excel file that I am using in flex pro. I have edited it slightly in excel, (changed values in some columns, but left the layout and structure unchanged). I have been sure to close flexpro before doing this. When I reopen flexpro, the embeded excel workbook I have just edited, does not show any of the changes. Is flexpro saving its own copy of the workbook, and if so how do I update it with my latest version?

I have taken note not to run excel at the same time as flexpro. However I have a problem, that the menu bar for excel is not always displayed. I can use the shortcut icons but the menu only apears sometimes, and if it is there I can’t always click it.

I see from the help that you can copy a chart from flex pro and paste it into MS Word. Changes to the data in flexpro can then be updated in the chart in Word.
    I have tried this, and the chart copies well, but I cant update it. Can you point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Tim

I have a few questions that are probably best lumped into a single post.

I am using Office XP, windows XP and Flexpro 30day demo.

I have an excel file that I am using in flex pro. I have edited it slightly in excel, (changed values in some columns, but left the layout and structure unchanged). I have been sure to close flexpro before doing this. When I reopen flexpro, the embeded excel workbook I have just edited, does not show any of the changes. Is flexpro saving its own copy of the workbook, and if so how do I update it with my latest version?

I have taken note not to run excel at the same time as flexpro. However I have a problem, that the menu bar for excel is not always displayed. I can use the shortcut icons but the menu only apears sometimes, and if it is there I can’t always click it.

I see from the help that you can copy a chart from flex pro and paste it into MS Word. Changes to the data in flexpro can then be updated in the chart in Word.
    I have tried this, and the chart copies well, but I cant update it. Can you point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Tim

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

When you import your Excel file into FlexPro you should ensure that you have checked the ‘Create links’ option in the import dialog box. If this is not the case FlexPro will save a copy of the sheet into the database. If ‘Create links’ is checked only a reference to your Excel file will be stored in the database. You can check the current state by displaying the property sheet of the Excel folder. Switch to the page named ‘Excel workbook’ to view and modify the storage format.

The Excel menu bar is normally displayed only when the Excel pane is the active pane in Explorer. If the list or tree view is active the Excel menu is not available.

To link to a FlexPro diagram in Word proceed like this:

• Copy the diagram into the clipboard using the ‘Copy’ command.
    • Switch to Word.
    • Do not insert the diagram with the ‘Paste’ command. Execute the ‘Edit/Paste Special…’ command instead.
    • Select ‘Paste link’ in the displayed dialog box and as ‘FlexPro Project Database Object’ and the diagram will be inserted into the Word document
    • Now switch back to FlexPro and change the values the are used to build the diagram. The diagram changes in FlexPro
    • In Word you can now update the diagram by selecting it and executing the ‘Update Link’ command from the context menu.

Support
    support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.