Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

FPAccess

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

It seems that the file you attached is part of a multi-file database. For each multi-file database .FPD there must be a folder .DB in the same file system folder. Otherwise this database is not complete and not usable. If you move the FPD-file you also have to move the corresponding DB folder.
    The FlexPro samples are one-file databases. In this case everything is embedded in the FPD file and there is no DB-folder. Please take a look at the FlexPro help index under Datenbank, Ablageformate for the details.
    With FlexPro 7 we recommend to use one-file databases only as some restrictions from earlier versions have been dropped.

Support
    support@weisang.com

I get the same error with a one-file file Database.. sorry, I wanted to attach both, but I couldn´t attach more than one file..

What if I want to work with big data? I read in the docu that it´s better to use the directory-mode

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Works fine here, we are sorry.

You could have attached a ZIP file to the topic. Anyway if you think we should also check the multi-file database please send it zipped to support@weisang.com. We will see what we can do.

As the FPAccess interface is out for years now and widely used by third party products we do not assume a major problem in FlexPro. Especially as nobody else has reported such an issue before. It seems to be a system or program specific problem which is not easy to pinpoint for us remotely.

If you have further questions on this please contact us by mail (support@weisang.com).

Thanks for pointing out the outdated help topic. Since we dropped support for Windows NT 4.0 and updated the database format using the multi-file format for performance and data-size reasons is no longer necessary.

Support
    support@weisang.com

Thanks for the support

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.