Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

writing to an existing dataset in a formula

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > writing to an existing dataset in a formula

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    p hp h
    Mitglied

I am testing FP v6 demo and trying to have a formula newly created signal filling an existing dataset column. Let’s say I built dataset ‘DS1’ already with 3 columns, one x column for integer indices from 0 to 511, and two y columns for storing other float values. Then I have a formula compute values foe those two columns. I want to dump the computed values into the ‘DS1’ two y columns. I don’t know how to do that… Is it possible?

p hp h
    Mitglied

I am testing FP v6 demo and trying to have a formula newly created signal filling an existing dataset column. Let’s say I built dataset ‘DS1’ already with 3 columns, one x column for integer indices from 0 to 511, and two y columns for storing other float values. Then I have a formula compute values foe those two columns. I want to dump the computed values into the ‘DS1’ two y columns. I don’t know how to do that… Is it possible?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

In FlexPro Professional you can do that with VBA.

But you cannot manipulate an existing dataset with a FPScript formula. But this is not necessary. Instead of the source data set you can use the new FPScript formula for further data presentation. For example select the new formula and create a 2D diagram…

You could also evaluate your formula into a data set, remove the source data set and rename your formula.

There are fundamental differences between the traditional procedural approach on data analysis and the way, FlexPro is managing a dynamic network of objects for adata analysisi and presentation.

A data set in FlexPro should not store heterogenous data. Your data sould be structured as follows. Raw data (e. g. measured signals but also scalar measurements) should be stored in one data set for each item, e. g. if you are measuring 10 signals, you have 10 datasets. All values in a dataset should have the same physical unit (X and Y components in a dataset can have different units however). For derived results, e. g. a Fourier spectrum or the maximum and RMS of a signal, you are creating analysis objects or FPScript formulas (analysis objects are pre-defined FPScript-formulas). You can use these formulas like datasets and create a graph or table for them for example. Usually, you will end up with a dynamic network of objects with the datasets at the bottom end, the formulas in the middle and the graphs, tables and documents at the top. FlexPro’s object-oriented design leads to several advantages. One is that your whole analysis behaves dynamic. You can double-click any item and change its properties as you like, for exmaple the window of an FFT spectrum. After you made all changes you just have to click the Update button to see the new result. A second advantage is that you can use your analysis as a template for multiple measurements without any programming. All you need ot do is to import a new measurement into the FlexPro database and press the Update button.

There are two important articles in the Online Help. Please look for “Analyzing Data” and “Structuring the Analysis”

support@weisang.com

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.