Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Signal Offset correction – alignment

Home > Community > FPScript > Signal Offset correction – alignment

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

Hello all,

If I have two signals (datasets) that are essentially the same data but recorded from two different devices, and are offset by a time difference, how can I align the two so that they are both ‘in phase’?

Regards

Hello all,

If I have two signals (datasets) that are essentially the same data but recorded from two different devices, and are offset by a time difference, how can I align the two so that they are both ‘in phase’?

Regards

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

For this purpose you can use the cursor environment in FlexPro.
    – Create a 2D line diagram for the first signal. Select the first signal and use the diagram wizard.
    – Add a new x-axis. Select an existing axis of the same type. Drag a copy of the axis with the mouse to the desired position.
    – Insert the second signal.
    – Assign the 2. x-axis to the 2. curve.
    – Activate the cursor environment.
    – Deactivate the “Bind cursor to curve” mode.
    – Activate the “Hold cursor” mode.
    – Use the Right-Key or the Left-Key to move the 1. curve.

Alternatively you can create a new FPScript function to create a new signal with the offset correction. E.g., you can calculate the zero crossing with the LevelCrossing-function. The x-offset is the difference of the two zero crossings. Create a signal with the new x values:

Signal(data.Y, data.X + offset)

…or use XScale

XScale(data, offset)

If the two datsa sets have the same sampling rate an lenght, you could also just exchange the x component of the second one:

Signal(data2.Y, data1.X)

See also the FlexPro Online Help (F1)

support@weisang.com

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.