Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Max Data Size

Home > Community > General > Max Data Size

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

Hello,

I am currently evaluating whether to purchase FlexPro 6.0 for my company and would like to get a definite answer to the following:

We are acquiring a large volume of data using the LDS-Nicolet Vision XP system and would like to process/analyze the data using FlexPro. We often need to record continuously for 16 hours (5 chan @ 100 kS/sec at 16-bit resolution) leading to a data file size in the 60 GB range. The Vision system has an option to export data to FlexPro format but can FlexPro handle 60 GB data file? I read somewhere that the maximum dataset FlexPro can handle is 2 GB. Thus far I’ve tried exporting (from the Vision XP) a 17 GB datafile into FlexPro format but when I checked the size of the exported file it was only 2 GB. Does this mean that I’ve lost 15 GB of data?

Thanks

Lancer

Hello,

I am currently evaluating whether to purchase FlexPro 6.0 for my company and would like to get a definite answer to the following:

We are acquiring a large volume of data using the LDS-Nicolet Vision XP system and would like to process/analyze the data using FlexPro. We often need to record continuously for 16 hours (5 chan @ 100 kS/sec at 16-bit resolution) leading to a data file size in the 60 GB range. The Vision system has an option to export data to FlexPro format but can FlexPro handle 60 GB data file? I read somewhere that the maximum dataset FlexPro can handle is 2 GB. Thus far I’ve tried exporting (from the Vision XP) a 17 GB datafile into FlexPro format but when I checked the size of the exported file it was only 2 GB. Does this mean that I’ve lost 15 GB of data?

Thanks

Lancer

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

FlexPro’s limitation is 2GB per dataset, means per each individual channel. The FlexPro project databsse can be as big as the available hard disk space if setup in the mode “several files and folders”. Please make sure that the database is setup in this mode and that you open it in direct mode, means without backup copy. You can switch off the Undo function for datasets and the preview to improve processing speed.

support@weisang.com

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.