Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Generating a time channel

Home > Community > General > Generating a time channel

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Autor

I have an ASCII-file with data, but there is no time signal channel. The signal is sampled with 50 S/s. How can he create additional time stamp channel?

The goal is to calculate FFT out of the signal.

I have an ASCII-file with data, but there is no time signal channel. The signal is sampled with 50 S/s. How can he create additional time stamp channel?

The goal is to calculate FFT out of the signal.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

With the following procedure you can convert any number of data series into signals with drag & drop:
    Create an FPScript formula Sig and the following content:

Arguments data
    Dim SamplingRate
    SamplingRate = 50.
    Signal(data, (NumberOfValues(Data), 0., 1. / SamplingRate) )

The formula accepts a data series as an argument and returns a signal with the sampling rate specified in the variable SamplingRate.

The function Signal groups an Y and an X component to a signal and the ( , , ) operator creates a linear time series.

To apply that function to any number of data sets you need to select these data sets in FlexPro Explorer and drag them with the mouse on the name of the formula in the list view of the FlexPro Explorer.

For each data set FlexPro will create a new formula with the same name and a suffix Sig which is calling the function given above.

Note: If you want to specify the sampling rate each time you convert new data, just remove the Dim statement and add the sampling rate as a second argument to the Arguments statement.

Kari KoivistoKari Koivisto
    Mitglied

How is this done in Flexpro 7 ?

It seems to work in 6, but I wasn’t able to do it in Version 7 ??

Teilnehmer

Basically it should work the same way in FlexPro 7. What exact problem do you experience?

Support
    support@weisang.com

Kari KoivistoKari Koivisto
    Mitglied

When I select data set(s) and drag them with the mouse on the name of the formula in the Object List view –> Nothing happens …

Former version made a visible arrow and then started to work.

7 Version doesn’t seem to do anything at this point?

Or at least I don’t see anything…

Teilnehmer

In this case the behavior of FlexPro 7 is identical to FlexPro 6:

FPScript offers you the option of programming formulas with arguments. You can then use these formulas like functions. A “Normalized” formula, which normalizes your argument to a range of values from 0 to 1, looks like this, for example:

Arguments DataSeries
    DataSeries / Maximum(DataSeries)

You can now use this function in other formulas. For example, you can set up a “MeasurementNormalized” formula that contains the following code:

Normalized(Measure)

It is very easy to create these types of formulas with FlexPro: You only have to click on the data sets to which you would like to apply the function, use your mouse to select them from the Object List and drag them onto the function. In the example above, you drag the data set “Measurement” onto the function “Normalized”. FlexPro then automatically sets up a new formula with the name “MeasurementNormalized,” which contains the code specified above. You can then use this new formula for further calculations or for displaying in documents.

See also
    FlexPro Help
    Applying Formulas to Data Sets

support@weisang.com

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.