Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Universal file export

Accueil > Community > General > Universal file export

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charles HertzCharles Hertz
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking for a way to create a universal export. Whatever the current path where is located the .fpd, I would like to export a 2D curve on the current user desktop.

For the moment my VBA macro works but only for my personnal dasktop path :

ActiveDatabase.Objects(Array(“\path\name.2D”)).Export _
    fpExportFormatEMF, “C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\name.emf”

Does there exist a function which finds automatically the current user? Or a function which exports a .emf 2D curve on the current desktop used?

Thanks in advance.

Charles HertzCharles Hertz
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking for a way to create a universal export. Whatever the current path where is located the .fpd, I would like to export a 2D curve on the current user desktop.

For the moment my VBA macro works but only for my personnal dasktop path :

ActiveDatabase.Objects(Array(“\path\name.2D”)).Export _
    fpExportFormatEMF, “C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\name.emf”

Does there exist a function which finds automatically the current user? Or a function which exports a .emf 2D curve on the current desktop used?

Thanks in advance.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The Application object has a property UserName that you can use to build your desired Desktop path like “C:\Users\” & Application.UserName & “\Desktop\name.emf”.
    The ActiveDatabase.Selection may be helpful for your general export task to let the user select the desired diagrams and export them to his desktop using a user-defined button associated with your macro.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.