Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

reversing order of dataset

Accueil > Community > General > reversing order of dataset

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dermot CraddenDermot Cradden
    Participant

I would like to reverse the order of data in a number of datasets. So the last value is now first and second last is second etc.
    I need to align data on a graph by the last data point in each of a number of datasets having slightly different numbers of data points. I am using the active folder to scroll through and view identically named datasets in the same graph
    Can this be done in a formula so i can convert a large number of datasets at one time?

Participant

I would like to reverse the order of data in a number of datasets. So the last value is now first and second last is second etc.
    I need to align data on a graph by the last data point in each of a number of datasets having slightly different numbers of data points. I am using the active folder to scroll through and view identically named datasets in the same graph
    Can this be done in a formula so i can convert a large number of datasets at one time?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

You can create a FPScript formula to reverse the order of your data set:
    [Code]
    Arguments data
    data[(NumberOfRows(data), -1, -1)]
    [/code]
    FPScript offers you the option of programming formulas with arguments. You can then use these formulas like functions.
    You can now use this function in other formulas. It is very easy to create these types of formulas with FlexPro: You only have to click on the data sets to which you would like to apply the function, use your mouse to select them from the Object List and drag them onto the function.

See also
    Data Series Operator (FPScript)
    Index Operator (FPScript)
    Applying Formulas to Data Sets
    support@weisang.com

Participant

Thanks again this is a great help.
    I’m not used to programming languages like FPscript so i still don’t have a grasp of how to write the formulas yet.
    I’m more used to excel type formulas but i’m finding flex pro is becoming my preference over excel for analyzing and graphing my data.
    Is there another language that is close to FPscript i could learn that would help?
    Better yet, any textbooks available other than the manual for FP script?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

You can use the analysis objects, the wizards and the FlexPro Online Help to learn FPScript.

FlexPro offers common analysis procedures as analysis objects. To create an analysis object, first select the data to be included and then choose the analysis method. FlexPro then places a new analysis object into the FlexPro Explorer, which contains the result of the analysis. You can use this type of analysis object like a dataset and display it in a diagram, for instance. An analysis object is, however, not a dataset, but rather a formula that is created in the FPScript analysis language by FlexPro. However, you do not have to create or modify this formula yourself if you want to set the parameters for the analysis. Instead, you can simply open the analysis object’s properties dialog box and set the parameters for the analysis there. FlexPro then automatically adjusts the FPScript formula.

Wizards for selecting functions, programming loops, creating mathematical expressions and for index operations are available for programming in FPScript. You can work through the individual steps and investigate errors in the formulas that you create this way using the integrated debugger.

You can select a function or an operator in the FPScript formula editor and press F1 to open the FlexPro Online Help. You see directly the description of the selected function or operator.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.