Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

importing time format from Excel

Accueil > Community > General > importing time format from Excel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dermot CraddenDermot Cradden
    Participant

Every time i try to import a column of time formated data from Excel (embedded or not)it shows up as floating point and i cannot reformat it back properly.
    Even creating a dataset with the time span format and doing a copy paste does not help.

Also, When I select a whole column in excel and copy, then paste into an open dataset i only copy the first value.

What am i doing wrong?

Participant

Every time i try to import a column of time formated data from Excel (embedded or not)it shows up as floating point and i cannot reformat it back properly.
    Even creating a dataset with the time span format and doing a copy paste does not help.

Also, When I select a whole column in excel and copy, then paste into an open dataset i only copy the first value.

What am i doing wrong?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

You cannot use the clipboard to import a column of time formated data from Excel to FlexPro.

But the xls-, csv- or txt-import should work.

Please send your file (and the excel version) to support@weisang.com if you have further trouble with the import.

support@weisang.com

Participant

The time format is from a file in an embedded xls file. Is there a format I can convert the time into in Excel and can then copy over the time using the clipboard and then re-produce the time format using a formula in FP?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

You can import a XLS file into FlexPro and create an Excel data link object. This object supports the date format.
    But you cannot copy the values from Excel into the clipboard and paste the calendar time values in FlexPro.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.