Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

FlexPro and Axum

Accueil > Community > General > FlexPro and Axum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gordon LeonardGordon Leonard
    Participant

Hi

We still use Axum where I work and would like to move due to Axum being old and unsupported, poor on performance with large data sets and it has annoying little bugs and things that I can’t get around as there is no one to help!!!

We create axum objects in VB and get great control over every possible parameter of the plot which is what Axum is good at. I am about to try flexpro and would appreciate a heads up and any basic advice about using it with VB. I will read the manuals but would like some initial contact with people who use the software in the same way as I will. I notice there is a normal and professional version of the software, using the package as purely 2D graphing/plotting, which would be best. We could use Matlab/Excel plots, but they don;t look as good as Axum. One bad thing about Axum is that you can’t “add watch” to any of the objects and look at the status of it, and there is no autocomplete when pressing the “.” (dot) key after the name of the object i.e. objAxum.plot.xaxis.maxvalue. Hopefully people can see where I am coming from and offer some advice as we are seriously considering purchasing the software if it does what we want.

Kind regards

Gordon

Gordon LeonardGordon Leonard
    Participant

Hi

We still use Axum where I work and would like to move due to Axum being old and unsupported, poor on performance with large data sets and it has annoying little bugs and things that I can’t get around as there is no one to help!!!

We create axum objects in VB and get great control over every possible parameter of the plot which is what Axum is good at. I am about to try flexpro and would appreciate a heads up and any basic advice about using it with VB. I will read the manuals but would like some initial contact with people who use the software in the same way as I will. I notice there is a normal and professional version of the software, using the package as purely 2D graphing/plotting, which would be best. We could use Matlab/Excel plots, but they don;t look as good as Axum. One bad thing about Axum is that you can’t “add watch” to any of the objects and look at the status of it, and there is no autocomplete when pressing the “.” (dot) key after the name of the object i.e. objAxum.plot.xaxis.maxvalue. Hopefully people can see where I am coming from and offer some advice as we are seriously considering purchasing the software if it does what we want.

Kind regards

Gordon

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

FlexPro Professional has a full-featured Automation object model. With this you have access to the whole functionality of FlexPro. You can even record a macro for everything you are doing with FlexPro. The design of the object model is similar to that of excel and the Visual Basic development system is exactly the same as in Excel, with Intellisense, debugger, code editor and form designer. You need the FlexPro Professional edition to edit and debug macros. To just run the macros later, the FlexPro Standard edition is sufficient.

FlexPro has very powerful 2D and 3D graphs. You can have unlimited number of curves and axes with different scalings. You can even use cursors to measure curves and to zoom out regions. Everything can be fine-tuned manually or with a macro. You can find all details you need to know in the FlexPro Online Help. On the home page, you find a list of important articles describing all the details. You can read through these just like you would do with a book.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.