Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Extrapolating a value from a curve fit

Accueil > Community > FPScript > Extrapolating a value from a curve fit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Krista TweedKrista Tweed

I have a set of distance and pressure points from an experiment that was done. The distances start at 20ft and go up. I can take my three or four data points and have FlexPro do a least squares curve fit to the points and I get a result that looks good. What I would like to do is take the resulting curve fit and extrapolate back to 15 feet to determine what the pressure was at that point. Is it possible to do that? I have been able to interpolate between the existing points easily, but I can’t find a way to extrapolate to a point outside of the existing data points.

Krista TweedKrista Tweed

I have a set of distance and pressure points from an experiment that was done. The distances start at 20ft and go up. I can take my three or four data points and have FlexPro do a least squares curve fit to the points and I get a result that looks good. What I would like to do is take the resulting curve fit and extrapolate back to 15 feet to determine what the pressure was at that point. Is it possible to do that? I have been able to interpolate between the existing points easily, but I can’t find a way to extrapolate to a point outside of the existing data points.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The “Approximation” Analysis Object can be used to fit your data to a straight line or to a higher order polynomial. By default, the object samples the fitted model at the same x-positions, that your original dataset contained. On the Data tab of the property sheet, you can select Enter a different data set as the parameter and specify a data series with the x-values you would like to have the y-values for.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.