Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Extracting and pasting data subset from huge file to clipboard /or other programs

Accueil > Community > General > Extracting and pasting data subset from huge file to clipboard /or other programs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve huge (up to 1GB) datasets to handle. Only parts of the files are of interest. Flexpro is ok (very good new for me) for handling and viewing: I can select part of the data from the 2D diagram window by setting a Range Marker. I just want to copy that part of the data (2 data columns) to either a new instance of flexpro or paste it in another software. However, when I use the Copy Range(s) in FlexPro, but then pasting to a clipboard doesn’t work…. so eventually how to paste that subset of data in a new instance of flexpro or/and other programs?
    This subset extraction feature is essential for me in order to use and buy flexpro. I’m currently testing the demo version of flexpro (FlexPro Standrad v 8.0.15).
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I’ve huge (up to 1GB) datasets to handle. Only parts of the files are of interest. Flexpro is ok (very good new for me) for handling and viewing: I can select part of the data from the 2D diagram window by setting a Range Marker. I just want to copy that part of the data (2 data columns) to either a new instance of flexpro or paste it in another software. However, when I use the Copy Range(s) in FlexPro, but then pasting to a clipboard doesn’t work…. so eventually how to paste that subset of data in a new instance of flexpro or/and other programs?
    This subset extraction feature is essential for me in order to use and buy flexpro. I’m currently testing the demo version of flexpro (FlexPro Standrad v 8.0.15).
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Using the Copy Range command on the toolbar or in the Cursors menu, you can copy the section of the curve between the cursors to the clipboard. The command saves a FPScript formula in the clipboard, which extracts the section from the curve. When you run the command, a dialog box appears where you can specify whether the current cursor positions should be inserted as fixed values or as variable values.

After that you have to paste the FPScript formula into the FlexPro Object List (CTRL+V).
    Now you can select the new FPScript formula in the Object List and copy the values into the clipboard (CTRL+C).

support@weisang.com

OK!! Very very usefull.
    Top software.
    Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.