Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

deploy import filter

Accueil > Community > Automation and VBA > deploy import filter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear,
    I developed one import filter for customer. but the deployment for the filter seemed difficult for customer user, he should import my vba source code into his flexpro macro environment and run filter_register and filter_deregister etc,.
    Is there any easy way to deployment customized import filter?

Thanks in advance.
    Tanya

Dear,
    I developed one import filter for customer. but the deployment for the filter seemed difficult for customer user, he should import my vba source code into his flexpro macro environment and run filter_register and filter_deregister etc,.
    Is there any easy way to deployment customized import filter?

Thanks in advance.
    Tanya

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

To deploy a filter written in VBA you need to import the VBA source code in one of the template databases. The registration should than happen in either AutoExec or AutoOpen (see the article on Auto macros in the online help and the import filter example). De-registration should occur in AutoExit or AutoClose.

All this can also be automated by using the object model of the Visual Basic Environment. Please take a look at the VBE property of Application for the entry point to this object model. You will need to add a reference to Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3 to access the necessary type library.
    Depending on what you can expect on the target system (module name or function name collisons, existing auto-macros etc.) this can be more or less work.

You can reduce deployment issues by implementing your import filter as a COM add-in. Thus you just need to deploy and register a DLL (and its dependencies). As FlexPro VBA is the same as in Microsoft Office the same literature applies for COM add-in development.

Support
    support@weisang.com

Thanks very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.