Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Token

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Participant

Hi,

Why when I click on About / Network licences I get this message only if the user has not admin rights ?? OS : Windows 2000.This occurs only with FlexPro 7, the number of token used is visible with FlexPro6 even without admin rights.

Thanks for your help.

@+

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Participant

Hi,

Why when I click on About / Network licences I get this message only if the user has not admin rights ?? OS : Windows 2000.This occurs only with FlexPro 7, the number of token used is visible with FlexPro6 even without admin rights.

Thanks for your help.

@+

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

We’ve changed this behavior in FlexPro 7 because this setting requires administrative rights in modern operating systems (XP, Vista).

support@weisang.com

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Can you explain exactly which right is necessary to be able to see the number of token please.
    It’s not possible to give full admin rights only to run correctly a software !

Thanks again.
    @+

Participant

In this case you can use the FlexPro 7.0 Network License Manager. The network licenses are managed with the help of the FlexPro License Manager. This tool allows the administrator to manage, i.e. to add or remove network-licenses.
    The FlexPro License Manager can be, but does not have to be installed on the server. It simply requires read/write access to the network-folder containing the license file.
    To install the License Manager, you start the program “fplm.exe” in the folder “License Manager” on the FlexPro distribution CD.

See also
    Network License.pdf

support@weisang.com

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Participant

Hi,

Each FlexPro user has read/write permission on C:\Weisang\Flexpro7 & the same on the folder containing the file licence.fpl. I don’t want to install licence manager tool.
    I want everybody using flexpro7 to any computer on the network able to know how many token are used !
    So, could you tell me what else is required on the local machine to get this information as with FlexPro6.

@+

Participant

Currently administrative privileges are required mainly for the non-network licenses of FlexPro as the displayed dialog box can be used to change the serial number.
    In release 7.0.23 (available soon) we will loose this restriction to allow at least read access to the dialog box in case administrative privileges are not available.

Support
    support@weisang.com

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Participant

OK,

Thanks !

We’ll wait this release.

@+

Participant

FlexPro 7.0.23 is already available. Please send your serial number (the digits at the end will be sufficient) to support@weisang.com and we will see what we can do.

Support
    support@weisang.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.