Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

SINAD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John RankinJohn Rankin

I am wondering how to perform a SINAD analysis on data imported from an excel document into FlexPro. I currently have two tabs of data, one with time and the other with amplitude. The data represents a sine wave.

I found the HarmonicEstimation function, and I have it setup as follows:

=HarmonicEstimation(C35:C65,HARMONIC_SINAD,HARMONIC_SPECTRUM,-0.01,50,HARMONIC_SINE)

C35:C65 is the amplitude data of the waveform. From looking at the help file, I input HARMONIC_SINAD so that the HarmonicEstimator function would perform a SINAD measurement. The HARMONIC_SPECTRUM declaration is there to assume Fourier analysis for the frequency domain. The -.01 is there because I didn’t know what to put for this area. I put 50 in the function because that is the default. Finally, HARMONIC_SINE is there in order to assume that a sinusoidal function is being analyzed.

I would appreciate any help on this. It doesn’t seem like there are any examples in this software for this particular function, so I am kind of lost in terms of how to make this function work.
    Thanks
    John

John RankinJohn Rankin

I am wondering how to perform a SINAD analysis on data imported from an excel document into FlexPro. I currently have two tabs of data, one with time and the other with amplitude. The data represents a sine wave.

I found the HarmonicEstimation function, and I have it setup as follows:

=HarmonicEstimation(C35:C65,HARMONIC_SINAD,HARMONIC_SPECTRUM,-0.01,50,HARMONIC_SINE)

C35:C65 is the amplitude data of the waveform. From looking at the help file, I input HARMONIC_SINAD so that the HarmonicEstimator function would perform a SINAD measurement. The HARMONIC_SPECTRUM declaration is there to assume Fourier analysis for the frequency domain. The -.01 is there because I didn’t know what to put for this area. I put 50 in the function because that is the default. Finally, HARMONIC_SINE is there in order to assume that a sinusoidal function is being analyzed.

I would appreciate any help on this. It doesn’t seem like there are any examples in this software for this particular function, so I am kind of lost in terms of how to make this function work.
    Thanks
    John

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

As a first step, you should make sure that you have your Excel data properly imported. You should setup a Excel data link object which should have the data structure “Signal”. You cannot use Excel cell ranges like “C35:E35” directly in FPScript.

Once you have this, it should show as a sine wave in Preview.

Next select your data set and open the Analysis Wizard (Symbol with Greek Sigma).
    Choose Harmonic Estimation analysis.
    Now you can play with the different algorithms. You should select “Harmonic components” to see the individual components found in your data. If they do not make sense, you can sepcify the frequencies manually instead of having them computed. Choose “Linear modeling” and provide the list of frequencies in the edit box below.
    Once everything looks right, you can finish the Wizard and convert the Harmonic Estimation analysis object “Harmonics” created by the Wizard into a formula.
    Open the formula and change the second argument from HARMONIC_COMPONENTS to HARMONIC_SINAD. The result should be a scalar value.

Instead of your measured Excel data, you could also start with synthetic signal, e.g. one with a rectangle function. To do this click on the blue icon “Insert Signal”. The rectangle function generates a good spectrum of harmonics.

support@weisang.com

John RankinJohn Rankin

Thanks for your reply. I tried to do this with the tutorial on Harmonic Analysis. First I opened the tutorial, selected the signal, and then went into the tutorial. then I selected Harmonic Analysis->Harmonic Estimation->Next. After this, I selected the Automatic Algorithm, Sinusoidal model, Number of components=5, Result Type=Harmonic Components, Order=40. Then I made this into an object and I right clicked to change the result into a formula. I made the formula with HARMONIC_SINAD in it instead of HARMONIC_COMPONENTS. I tried to run the equation, but I get the error:

“Signal with 5 64-bit floating point points
    Y: { 0.369031318186245, 99.9991436556994, 10.00005244987, 1.00008119777902, 0.100534077478114 }
    X: { 0.418250567977595, 249.999924868928, 500.00019008423, 750.013003595175, 999.995493729113 }”

Can you help me?
    Thanks
    John

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

This is the result of the calculation!

If you run (CTRL+F5) a FPScript formula you see the result in a message box.

You can select the formula in the object list and create a cell / column table or a diagram.
    You can also convert a formula into a dataset.

Please see also the FlexPro Help (F1).

support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.