Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Object Transfer to another (remote) database file

Accueil > Community > FPScript > Object Transfer to another (remote) database file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Can a single object (for examle 2D diagram or formula) be transferred as a standalone project and imported into a different database file?

I know it can be transferred per drag & drop between two database files. but I’m trying to Email a chart or formula withouth sending a complete database file, so someone can simply import the specific object only.

Can a single object (for examle 2D diagram or formula) be transferred as a standalone project and imported into a different database file?

I know it can be transferred per drag & drop between two database files. but I’m trying to Email a chart or formula withouth sending a complete database file, so someone can simply import the specific object only.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The straight foward way to achieve this is to create a new database, copy the object and its dependencies (there is a command “select depenendcies”) into the database and then send the database by email (“send to” command). The whole process takes just three mouse clicks.

You could alos save your database in several folders and files. In this case, the folder hierarchy which you build up in your database is associated with folders on your hard disk. If you create the database called Database, two subfolders called Database.DB and Database.TMP, in addition to the Database.FPD file, are created in the same folder. The folder hierarchy of the database is saved under the hard disk folder Database.DB. All FlexPro objects are saved at the corresponding positions within the hierarchy as seperate files. The Database.TMP folder is created specifically for handling temporary files and only exists while you have the Database.FPD database open.
    If you want to back up your database, you have to copy the Database.DB directory file in addition to the Database.FPD file.
    You can copy the file of an object to another database. But this method is error-prone because an object – e.g. a 2D-diagram – is linked with other objects (e. g. a data set).

Support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.