Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

I cannot integrate a dataset

Accueil > Community > General > I cannot integrate a dataset

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard SmithRichard Smith
    Participant

I have two datasets that are signals.

One set is sampled at 100kHz, the other 200kHz.

I can apply a signal analysis integral function to the 100kHz signal and it integrates just fine.

When I do the same process to the 200kHz signal I get no result. I simply can’t get Flexpro (9) to integrate this signal, and actually all the other 200kHz signals I have.

Flexpro gives me no indication what the problem might be so I am stumped.

What could be the issue with particular signals that prevent the integration function working?

I have tested the differential function on the same signals and it works ok.

What can I do to determine the problem, help!

Thanks.

Richard.

Participant

I have two datasets that are signals.

One set is sampled at 100kHz, the other 200kHz.

I can apply a signal analysis integral function to the 100kHz signal and it integrates just fine.

When I do the same process to the 200kHz signal I get no result. I simply can’t get Flexpro (9) to integrate this signal, and actually all the other 200kHz signals I have.

Flexpro gives me no indication what the problem might be so I am stumped.

What could be the issue with particular signals that prevent the integration function working?

I have tested the differential function on the same signals and it works ok.

What can I do to determine the problem, help!

Thanks.

Richard.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

There should be no difference for the integration depending on the sample rate. If it is possible, please send a small sample project database containing two signals of 100 kHz and 200 kHz to support@weisang.com so that we can reproduce this behavior.
    In general questions concerning possible bugs are better directed to the support. Detailed information like the exact FlexPro version, the Windows version and a small sample project database helps us to clarify the problem.

Participant

Hello, thanks for your response.

Upon generating the small sample database for your investigation I have discovered the problem.

The issue was related to the units assigned to the 200kHz signal. I had changed the units of this signal to custom designations, ‘seconds’ in place of ‘s’ and ‘gravity’ in place of ‘g’.

Apparently with a non standard set of units the integration function will not operate?

What I find strange however is that for the same signal the derivative function worked ok?

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.