Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

daylight savings time

Accueil > Community > Automation and VBA > daylight savings time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I imported time values as utc values. I did this thru the automation interface by adding DATE values.

Importing values for 30.3.2003 1:05 and later 30.3.2003 2:05, the resulting values in FlexPro are the same: 30.3.2003 1:05
    Switching off the adjusting of daylight savings time before starting FlexPro, gives me the correct result of the import.
    But I can’t switch off this before every import.
    Is there a chance, to tell FlexPro that I really mean UTC and nothing else?

It doesn’t help, to format the dataset with something like %(UTC%x).

Switching on the adjusting of DST after import, gives with the above example 30.3.2003 1:05 and 30.3.2003 3:05 (added one hour).

It is also not possible to enter a value like 30.3.2003 2:05 manually.

Any ideas?

Peter

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

DATE values are always local time values. If you want to import a UTC value you need this value as Double value.

The following source code creates a dataset with a calendar time value. This value will be shown as UTC value in FlexPro:

Dim d As Double 
        d = 1048118700 'utc value as double
        Dim dataset As dataset

Set dataset = ThisDatabase.RootFolder.Add("dataset", fpObjectTypeDataSet)

With dataset
            .NumberOfRows = 1
            .DataType(fpDataComponentY) = fpDataTypeCalendarTime
            .Format = "%(UTC%c)"
            .Value = d
        End With

If you have the time structure you need a function which converts this structure in a double value.

support@weisang.com

Ok, now I made the import via double values and import UTC time.
    But how can a user now enter new values as UTC?

For example, if she wants no autoscaling for an axis and wants to enter a start and an end value (in UTC, not locale time).

The format for the axis is “%(UTC%d.%m.%y %H:%M)”.

Is there any general option, which tells FlexPro, that it should always display time in UTC and not locale time?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

At the moment there is no such general option. You must use the formatter to show the values in UTC format. On the scaling property page the scaling values (starting value, end value, …) are displayed as locale time values.
    We added this as a feature request to our database and will add this feature to the next FlexPro release.

support@weisang.com

I imported time values as utc values. I did this thru the automation interface by adding DATE values.

Importing values for 30.3.2003 1:05 and later 30.3.2003 2:05, the resulting values in FlexPro are the same: 30.3.2003 1:05
    Switching off the adjusting of daylight savings time before starting FlexPro, gives me the correct result of the import.
    But I can’t switch off this before every import.
    Is there a chance, to tell FlexPro that I really mean UTC and nothing else?

It doesn’t help, to format the dataset with something like %(UTC%x).

Switching on the adjusting of DST after import, gives with the above example 30.3.2003 1:05 and 30.3.2003 3:05 (added one hour).

It is also not possible to enter a value like 30.3.2003 2:05 manually.

Any ideas?

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.