Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Converting DataType return values to verbose message for user

Accueil > Community > General > Converting DataType return values to verbose message for user

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael OvereemMichael Overeem
    Participant

I tried using DataType to query dataset in FP Version 9.1.10.  The return value is an integer value.  Is there a way to test this value and use it with ChangeDataType operator to convert various Calendar Time, Time Span, and String-based X-values, from different data sources, to a common data type (for instance, Time Span)?  I was also curious if there is a list of the return values (integers) from DataType operator that lines up with the help file listings of the different types of data.  For example, 1234S is a DataType value=1; 1234L is DataType value=8.  I attempted to use these values in the ChangeDataType operator, but only the only dropdown menu options that pop up are the ‘verbose’ values – e.g. TYPE_TIMESPAN, TYPE_FLOATINGPOINT64, etc.).

Unfortunately, I have no file example to provide at this time.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The results of the DataType() FPScript function is indeed an integer value and can be compared to the named constants listed in the Online Help entry for DataType() or ChangeDataType(). E.g. TYPE_FLOATINGPOINT32 is a convenient expression for the integer value 4. One can use the outcome of the DataType() function directly in ChangeDataType() to adjust the data type to that of another expression.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.