Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Control FlexPro using ActiveX

Accueil > Community > Automation and VBA > Control FlexPro using ActiveX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have written a programme in Delphi that automatically reads and partially processes tons of binary data files. I want to use FlexPro to do the more advanced analysis.
    How do I control FlexPro using ActiveX to open a specific FPD file that which will carry out the analysis?
    After that FlexPro will have to save the results in a data file, so I can process the results in Delphi.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

If you want to write data into FlexPro databases you can either use the FPAccess interface (see FPAccess.chm for the documentation) or the FlexPro Object Model. The first is faster for writing huge amounts of data, but less flexible as it can only update and print existing documents and you have no way to access the results of your analysis.

To write and read data using the FlexPro Object Model you should take a look at the topics ‘Working with Data Sets’ and ‘Communicating with other Applications’ located in the folder ‘Automating TasksAutomation with FlexPro Visual BasicFirst Steps with FlexPro Visual BasicWorking With Objects’ in the FlexPro online help (Professional version only). The topics describe how to work with datasets and how to access the object model from outside FlexPro. Both topics are using Visual Basic syntax, but it should be easy to derive the Delphi notation.

Support
    support@weisang.com

I have written a programme in Delphi that automatically reads and partially processes tons of binary data files. I want to use FlexPro to do the more advanced analysis.
    How do I control FlexPro using ActiveX to open a specific FPD file that which will carry out the analysis?
    After that FlexPro will have to save the results in a data file, so I can process the results in Delphi.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.