Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Can Application.FileDialog replace a call to GetSaveFileName (Win API)

Accueil > Community > Automation and VBA > Can Application.FileDialog replace a call to GetSaveFileName (Win API)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I use the functions GetOpenFileName and GetSaveFileName from the Windows API, to get filename when opening files or saving files.

I need to adapt these calls of functions, to be compatible with the versions 32 bits and 64 bits of Windows and FlexPro9.

I find out how to use Application.FileDialog to replace GetOpenFileName.

But for GetSaveFileName, it seems that Application.FileDialog doesn’t provide this feature ?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I use the functions GetOpenFileName and GetSaveFileName from the Windows API, to get filename when opening files or saving files.

I need to adapt these calls of functions, to be compatible with the versions 32 bits and 64 bits of Windows and FlexPro9.

I find out how to use Application.FileDialog to replace GetOpenFileName.

But for GetSaveFileName, it seems that Application.FileDialog doesn’t provide this feature ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The FlexPro Application.FileDialog can only be used to select existing files (or folders), i.e. entering a non-existing filename results in an error message.

So it is recommended to use the GetOpenFileName / GetSaveFileName methods in general. If the code should be compatible with both 32 and 64 bit VBA one has to cope with the different signatures and data structures used. You may find some information on this VBA topic under http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/apideclarations.asp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.