FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Where are macros saved?

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > Where are macros saved?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I installed the evaluation version, I learned to play a bit with FlexPro, I wrote some VBA code – everything was fine.
    Then a crash in WinXP, system reinstalled (disk format), FlexPro reinstalled – OK.
    Then I opened the database with my own example, VBA code – the formulas are inside, but VBA code is not there – not OK.
    Where is the VBA code? I lost it?
    In Excel, when I work with VBA, the code is saved in xls sheet. Is it not the same for FlexPro?
    How VBA code can be saved inside the database made by me in future?

Hello,
    I installed the evaluation version, I learned to play a bit with FlexPro, I wrote some VBA code – everything was fine.
    Then a crash in WinXP, system reinstalled (disk format), FlexPro reinstalled – OK.
    Then I opened the database with my own example, VBA code – the formulas are inside, but VBA code is not there – not OK.
    Where is the VBA code? I lost it?
    In Excel, when I work with VBA, the code is saved in xls sheet. Is it not the same for FlexPro?
    How VBA code can be saved inside the database made by me in future?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The macro recorder is the most convenient way of creating a macro. Even if you are working with FlexPro Professional and have the Visual Basic Editor available for programming, it makes sense to start with a macro recording and to modify the code later, if necessary. FlexPro records a macro as a series of FlexPro commands in Visual Basic for Applications. When you record a macro, you can use the mouse to select commands and options. You can temporarily pause recording and then resume recording where you stopped.

To simplify repetitive processes, FlexPro offers the Quick Macro. You can easily start and stop recording this macro using the CTRL+SHIFT+R shortcut. These macros do not have to be named or created. When you start a new recording, an existing Quick Macro is automatically deleted. You can run the Quick Macro as often as you like by using the CTRL+SHIFT+P shortcut.

Where Macros Are Stored
    You can store macros in templates databases or in project databases. By default, FlexPro stores macros in the personal templates database so that they are available for use with every FlexPro project database. If you plan to use a macro for only one particular project database, store it in that project database. Individual macros in a project database are stored in macro projects that you can copy from one project database to another.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.