FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Scaling from voltage to engineering units

Home > Community > General > Scaling from voltage to engineering units

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andries de BuéAndries de Bué
    Participant

The FlexPro 6 import filter for the Graphtec WR and DM series does not take care of the Engineering Unit conversion, although this info is embedded in the header. Therefore only the voltage information is imported to FlexPro.

This question is usefull to all voltage data comming from a sensor/converter and not only for Graphtec data….

How to convert a voltage signal to an engineering unit?
    Example: 1 to 5Volts equals 0 to 20mA

Andries

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The import filter for Graphtec recorder files of FlexPro 6.0.31 does not support automatic conversion to engineering units. We are already staying in concat with Graphtec and will support this feature soon.

Meanwhile, you can scale your data in an easy way. Create a formula named “_Scaled” with the following content:

Arguments data
    Dim x1, x2, y1, y2, m, b
    x1 = 1
    x2 = 5
    y1 = 0
    y2 = 20
    m = (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1)
    b = y1 - m * x1
    m * data + b

You should set the units of your formula on the General tab of the Properties sheet to “mA”.

You can now scale your data sets by selecting them in the FlexPro Explorer and simply dragging and dropping them onto the name of the above formula. FlexPro then creates a new object for each dataset which returns the scaled data and whose unit is set to “mA”.

support@weisang.com

I’ve just got the new version of Flexpro 6.0.33 one week ago. I use it especially with Graphtec data. I’m also disappointed to see that the new Flexpro still can’t convert *.gdb files to engineering units, although all the units are inside the *.gdb file ! However this capability is essential. I tested lots of kind of conversions but I didn’t find any simple solution. It’s sure that creating a “_scaled” formula works, but it’s really not a convenient solution when you do lots of analysis with differents units. Is there still no other way to convert to engineering units ? Will be Flexpro able to convert fully (with engineering units) *.gdb files soon ?
    Thanks for your help

Pascal Lagorgette

Our Department has just got the new version of Flexpro 6.0.33. We use it exclusively with a Graphtec data logger. The Graphtec software saves data into *.gdb files, containing the name and the engineering units of each channel. We have remarked that Flexpro imports only data in volt, without the unit and the name of the channels, although all these information are in the *.gdb file. We use daily lots of sensors calibrated in the Graphtec software. And it?s sad that Flexpro doesn?t let us the choice between importing data in volt or data converted to engineering units, with the name of each channel. For example we could have the choice to get data as ? CH1 V? or ?Speed m/s? with data converted to m/s. We have already tried many ways to convert these units using *.txt or *.dat files, but we haven?t found a quick and simple solution to keep all these precious information in Flexpro. We have also tried the solution with a ?_scaled? function, but it?s really not convenient enough when several people use many kinds of sensors every day. It would be very helpful if you could update this filter in order to convert data with engineering units, because I waste lots of time just trying to keep these units.
    Thanks for your help.

Pascal Lagorgette

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Sorry, we can’t update this filter at the moment. We are still waiting on the translation of the Graphtec documentation.

Support

support@weisang.com

Andries de BuéAndries de Bué
    Participant

The FlexPro 6 import filter for the Graphtec WR and DM series does not take care of the Engineering Unit conversion, although this info is embedded in the header. Therefore only the voltage information is imported to FlexPro.

This question is usefull to all voltage data comming from a sensor/converter and not only for Graphtec data….

How to convert a voltage signal to an engineering unit?
    Example: 1 to 5Volts equals 0 to 20mA

Andries

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.