FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Saving a database in multiple files

Home > Community > General > Saving a database in multiple files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dermot CraddenDermot Cradden
    Participant

Since my databases are starting to grow larger I tried to save them into multiple files/folders format but received an error message (see attached)stating that:
    “the name %1 is not valid”

How can i fix this error. These are database that have been previously saved in single file format

Participant

Since my databases are starting to grow larger I tried to save them into multiple files/folders format but received an error message (see attached)stating that:
    “the name %1 is not valid”

How can i fix this error. These are database that have been previously saved in single file format

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Please contact us by mail and give us some more information regarding your FlexPro version (exact version number) and the operating system you are using. It would be useful if you could send us a – minimum – database where you can reproduce this issue, so that we can take a look at this.

Basically the multi-file database format of FlexPro can be considered as deprecated. The performance and size advantages it had in older versions of Windows are no longer valid for Windows XP and above. The one-file databases are also much easier to handle (copy etc.).

Support
    support@weisang.com

Participant

Thanks
    I’m running XP so i’ll keep the single file format
    and actually found muti-folder was slower loading and saving

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.