FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

How can I compute the mean value of the range between the cursors?

Home > Community > General > How can I compute the mean value of the range between the cursors?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard WeisangRichard Weisang
    Keymaster

I’m having difficulties with the “Insert mean value” while using cursors. Occasionally I get the mean between the cursors, other times I get the mean of the entire wave form, while other times I get “no value”. What is the correct procedure for getting the mean between two cursors?

Richard WeisangRichard Weisang
    Keymaster

I’m having difficulties with the “Insert mean value” while using cursors. Occasionally I get the mean between the cursors, other times I get the mean of the entire wave form, while other times I get “no value”. What is the correct procedure for getting the mean between two cursors?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

First, make sure that both cursors are activated and are bound to the same curve. Then, if you want to compute the mean based on the static range between the cursors, just click on “Insert mean value” in the Analysis toolbar. An analysis object, which computes the mean based on the current cursor positions, is then added to the explorer.

To compute the mean dynamically based on changing cursor positions, you click on “Copy range(s)” in the Cursor menu. Select the option “Use variable for cursor positions”. Then activate the Explorer and click on “Paste” in the Edit menu. A formula, which reflects the dynamic signal range between the cursors, is then added to the Explorer. Now click on “Insert mean value” to compute the mean value of the range. If you change the cursor positions afterwards, then the analysis objects return value changes accordingly.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.