FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Harmonic cursors

Home > Community > General > Harmonic cursors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Krista TweedKrista Tweed

How do I display the values for the harmonic cursors on a diagram? I can place the cursors in the diagram, but I can’t find a way to display the amplitude values at each cursor.

Krista TweedKrista Tweed

How do I display the values for the harmonic cursors on a diagram? I can place the cursors in the diagram, but I can’t find a way to display the amplitude values at each cursor.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

To display the harmonics in the Coordinate Window, you need to customize it. First, you create a formula which returns the Y and X values of the harmonics as a signal and then you create a column table to visualize these values. Finally you display that table in the coordinates window.

The formula should look as follows:

Dim idx, orders
    orders = (10, 1, 1.0)
    idx = '2D Diagram.2D'.CursorIndexX(0, 0)
    spectrum[orders * idx]

In this example the orders 1.0, 2.0, … 10.0 are displayed. You can easily include the half multiples by setting the increment to 0.5.

The formula returns a signal with ten Amplitudes and frequency values. Just klick on the Table Wizard Icon to create a column table for it.

To place the column table in the coordinate window of the 2D diagram, proceed as follows:

1. Click on the name on the table column in FlexPro Explorer and drag it to the diagram.
    2. There you wait a moment until the diagram is displayed in the foreground and its coordinate window is displayed.
    3. Then you drag the table to the coordinate window and drop it there.

Please note that in the new Spectral Analysis Option there are algorithms available to automatically identify and extract the harmonics from signals.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.