FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Flexpro Network licences

Home > Community > General > Flexpro Network licences

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I would like to have some informations about the flexpro network licence:
    1) Is the software installed on each PC or only on the server PC?
    2) If Flexpro is on the server PC, what must be its specifications (µP speed, Memory size…and so on)?
    3) Is it possible to use a network licence even if the local PC is connected to the network via the “Dial-up adapter” ?

Thank you

Regards

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Network licenses are FlexPro licenses which are installed on any server in the company and can be used by any number of FlexPro-users. The number of FlexPro-installations may exceed the number of licenses. The number of network licenses installed does specify, however, how many users are allowed to start FlexPro at the same time.

The issuing of a license from the server to the FlexPro-applications which have been started is file-based, meaning that no special software has to be installed on the server and that special protocols are also not needed. All that is required is a folder to which the FlexPro-users have read-access via the network.

The network licenses are managed with the help of the FlexPro License Manager. This tool allows the administrator to manage, i.e. to add or remove network-licenses. The FlexPro License Manager does not have to be installed on the server but can reside on any Windows machine. It requires read/write access to the folder containing the network licenses.

The FlexPro installations participating in the network installation are installed from the server onto the computers of the users. During the installation the user does not have to specify a serial number but can choose from a list of license types. The license type determines, among other things, the options which are available.

support@weisang.com

Thanks for your help

Could you give me more informations about the local installation, does it mean that Flexpro software is installed on each PC as a local licence? that each work and each calculate is done on the local PC?

Regards.

I would like to have some informations about the flexpro network licence:
    1) Is the software installed on each PC or only on the server PC?
    2) If Flexpro is on the server PC, what must be its specifications (µP speed, Memory size…and so on)?
    3) Is it possible to use a network licence even if the local PC is connected to the network via the “Dial-up adapter” ?

Thank you

Regards

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Yes, even if you are using network licenses, FlexPro is always installed and running on the local computer. Only the license information is managed on the server.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.