FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Cursor/Mark Global Max/Min

Home > Community > FPScript > Cursor/Mark Global Max/Min

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a feature in Flexpro to highlight/mark or make the Cursor go to a certain calculated value in a Chart?

For example I include the formula to find the value but I want the cursor in the 2D chart to jump to the Global Minimum/Maximum value.

Is there a feature in Flexpro to highlight/mark or make the Cursor go to a certain calculated value in a Chart?

For example I include the formula to find the value but I want the cursor in the 2D chart to jump to the Global Minimum/Maximum value.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

You can calculate the global Maximum

GlobalMaximum(Signal, EVENT_EXTRACT)

and add the FPScript formula into the 2D-diagram as new curve. Activate the symbols for this curve. Now you see directly the global maximum of your signal in the diagram.
    With the cursor you can go to the next or previous extremum. You can use the commands To Previous Peak Value and To Next Peak Value to move the cursor from peak value to peak value. On the Cursors tab in the Properties dialog box of a worksheet or document, you can specify whether local maxima, local minima or both are to be addressed. Here you can also enter a hysteresis, which determines what should or should not be recognized as an extremum. If some are skipped when navigating the extrema, you need to decrease the hysteresis. If small waves or noise in the course of the signal are recognized as extrema, then you need to increase the hysteresis.

See also
    Analyzing Data|Analyzing Signals with Cursors|Curosr Environment

support@weisang.com

I’ve managed to display the max/min values, but only witout an x-axis. The values are displayed on x-axis position 0.
    How can I use the EVENT_Extract including the x-axis so I can see when the extracet value occoured.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

If the input signal of the GlobalMaximum function is a signal with y- and x-components the result is also a signal. If the input signal is a data series you have to create signal:

Dim idx = GlobalMaximum(data, EVENT_INDEX)
    Signal(data[idx],idx)

support@weisang.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.