FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Recording Macros

Home > Community > General > Recording Macros

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thank you support for your help on the last question.

I am now trying out the macro feature. I have to make two recordings, but they haven’t played back for me.

1) I have 5 charts in a document. I select the first chart with my mouse. Then, using the “quick macro”, I press Ctrl+Shift+R, and record my actions. In this case it was to select right button click, select options, and then go into the dialogue boxes to deactivate (hide) the x-axis.
    When I finished with the dialogue boxes, I stopped the recording.
    I then selcted the second chart and pressed Ctrl+Shift+P to repeat the operation for it. This didn’t work.

2) All five of my charts are driven by an excel workbook which I have imported into my database. If I make changes to the variables in my workbook and press the update all button, my charts all update.
    I want to record a macro that will increment the value in a cell of my excel workbook by 1, then “update all”, then export my document as a .jpg file. I want to use these images to make an animation.
    I am being stumped at the first hurdle however as the macro recorder doesnt let me make a change the value of a cell in the excel workbook.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tim.

Thank you support for your help on the last question.

I am now trying out the macro feature. I have to make two recordings, but they haven’t played back for me.

1) I have 5 charts in a document. I select the first chart with my mouse. Then, using the “quick macro”, I press Ctrl+Shift+R, and record my actions. In this case it was to select right button click, select options, and then go into the dialogue boxes to deactivate (hide) the x-axis.
    When I finished with the dialogue boxes, I stopped the recording.
    I then selcted the second chart and pressed Ctrl+Shift+P to repeat the operation for it. This didn’t work.

2) All five of my charts are driven by an excel workbook which I have imported into my database. If I make changes to the variables in my workbook and press the update all button, my charts all update.
    I want to record a macro that will increment the value in a cell of my excel workbook by 1, then “update all”, then export my document as a .jpg file. I want to use these images to make an animation.
    I am being stumped at the first hurdle however as the macro recorder doesnt let me make a change the value of a cell in the excel workbook.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tim.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

1) We cannot reproduce this problem. If we start the recording AFTER selecting the diagram in the list view and stop recording BEFORE you select the next one, it works. The recorded code is for example:

ActiveDatabase.SelectedObject.XAxes(1).Divisions.Visible = False
    ActiveDatabase.SelectedObject.XAxes(1).Line.Visible = False
    ActiveDatabase.SelectedObject.XAxes(1).Labels.Visible = False

2) The macro recorder cannot record any changes made inside excel. To do such job, you need to use FlexPro Professional and write the code yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.