FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

PCA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have another question. I often have to extract the Principal Components (using Principal Component Analysis (PCA)) from a number of selected data series.

I know that Flexpro has a plethora of Eigen decomposition related functions. But, since PCA can be called different things, I’m wondering whether Flexpro already does PCA under a different function name. If not, what would be the simplest few lines of matrix commands to extract the PCs?

Regards
    Tatha

Hello,

I have another question. I often have to extract the Principal Components (using Principal Component Analysis (PCA)) from a number of selected data series.

I know that Flexpro has a plethora of Eigen decomposition related functions. But, since PCA can be called different things, I’m wondering whether Flexpro already does PCA under a different function name. If not, what would be the simplest few lines of matrix commands to extract the PCs?

Regards
    Tatha

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

Option Spectral Analysis:
    The identification, isolation, and reconstruction of signal components via eigendecomposition is known by a variety of names. “Singular Spectral Analysis”, “Principal Component Analysis”, and “Eigenfiltering” are common. FlexPro exclusively uses the “Eigendecomposition” designation since it represents a more precise description of the numeric method.

Eigendecompositions are used in various algorithms throughout FlexPro. They are the principal methodology in the:
    – Eigen (MUSIC, EV) Spectral Estimator
    Eigendecompositions are also intrinsically a part of all FlexPro procedures that include SVD (singular value decomposition) methods:
    – AR (AutoRegressive) Spectral Estimator
    – ARMA (AutoRegressive Moving Average) Spectral Estimator

Option Statistics:
    You can caluclate the Correlation matrix and the Covariance matrix. But there is no implicit function to calculate the principal components of a data matrix.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.