FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

How to zero shift a data set?

Home > Community > General > How to zero shift a data set?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard SmithRichard Smith
    Participant

I have a large number of data sets that have 25ms of useless pretrigger information in them (many hundreds of points) that I want to discard. Is there a function or any easy way (other than using Excel) to take the data sets, delete the first 25ms (or whatever period I choose) of information and rumber the time signal starting at zero (as now after deletion the first data point will be at 25ms).
    I am sure there must be an easy way to do this in Flexpro, I just don’t know how?

Thanks.

Richard SmithRichard Smith
    Participant

I have a large number of data sets that have 25ms of useless pretrigger information in them (many hundreds of points) that I want to discard. Is there a function or any easy way (other than using Excel) to take the data sets, delete the first 25ms (or whatever period I choose) of information and rumber the time signal starting at zero (as now after deletion the first data point will be at 25ms).
    I am sure there must be an easy way to do this in Flexpro, I just don’t know how?

Thanks.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

FPScript offers you the option of programming your own functions. You can create these as you would regular formulas; however, you need to use the Arguments statement in the first code line to declare arguments for the function.

1) Create a new FPScript formula:

Arguments data, pretrigger
    Dim idx = SearchValue(data.x, pretrigger)
    Signal(data.y[idx,-1], data.x[0, -idx])

The result of the SearchValue function is the position (index) of the pretrigger value.
    The index operator [] exctracts a section from the signal.

2) You can now use this function in other formulas. You only have to click on the data sets to which you would like to apply the function, use your mouse to select them from the Object List and drag them onto the function. You can then use this new formula for further calculations or for displaying in documents.

See also the FlexPro Help
    Analyzing Data Mathematically
    Formula
    Applying Formulas to Data Sets

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.