FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

How to display Data/Time values as IRIG time (DDD:HH:SS.sss)

Home > Community > General > How to display Data/Time values as IRIG time (DDD:HH:SS.sss)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard WeisangRichard Weisang
    Keymaster

I downloaded and evaluated your Flexpro ver. 6.0. I thought I read that it would support IRIG Time. It doesn’t show that format in this version. Is that some kind of addon? Or, does it not work with IRIG Time? IRIG= DDD:HH:MM:SS.sss

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

FlexPro can display calendar time (date/time) values in a variety of formats.

To format values, FlexPro uses so-called formatters. They control how the values are to be formatted on output. You can apply such formatters at different locations, e. g. for the labeling of an axis. If you do not specify any formatter, then FlexPro uses a default formatter.

If you want a certain data set to be displayed in IRIG format for example, please proceed as follows:

1. Right-click on the data set name in FlexPro Explorer
    2. In the Properties dialog box Choose the Format Tab
    3. Set the cursor into the format field of the component containing the date/time values
    4. Type in %(%j:%H:%M:%S) for IRIG Local Time or %(UTC%j:%H:%M:%S) for IRIG UTC. You can also click on th Choose Button and select the format in a special dialog box insted of typing in the formatter manually.

FlexPro will use the formatter wherever the values of this data set need to be displayed.

NOTE: FlexPro uses an override mechanism to choose the formatter. E. g. if an diagram axis should be labeled, then FlexPro looks in the format filed for that axis first to get the formatter. If this field is empty, then it looks in the dataset that is scaled as a curve over this axis. If the datasets format field is empty too, then it used a default formatter with respect to the data type and the regional settings.

support@weisang.com

I can’t get Irig to work as an X axis using odbc. Is this possible since it is delcared in SQL Server as a string?

Richard WeisangRichard Weisang
    Keymaster

I downloaded and evaluated your Flexpro ver. 6.0. I thought I read that it would support IRIG Time. It doesn’t show that format in this version. Is that some kind of addon? Or, does it not work with IRIG Time? IRIG= DDD:HH:MM:SS.sss

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

In FlexPro 6 you cannot convert a string into a calendar time value. You need to export your data first and then import it as an ASCII file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.