FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Fundamental estimation with HarmonicEstimation function

Home > Community > FPScript > Fundamental estimation with HarmonicEstimation function

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zoé SIGRISTZoé SIGRIST
    Participant

Hello

I would like to know how the fundamental frequency can be estimated with HarmonicEstimation function. I understood that the herebelow leads to harmonic estimation only : 

Dim harm = HarmonicEstimation(_CurrentFiltered[0,block_length], HARMONIC_COMPONENTS, HARMONIC_AUTO, 60, 40)

the first data of ‘harm’ is the first harmonic and not the fundamental. Is it right?

I want to estimate the Individual harmonic distortion.

thanks

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

In general, the first component is at the fundamental frequency. But if the number of components is chosen to high (or the db threshold too low) noise can produce a peak at a lower frequency.

Since small changes in the parameters can affect the outcome, I would advise to use the Analysis Wizard for Harmonic Estimation. Here one can easily change settings with a direct feedback on the results. Some background information is also available in the Online Help in the section Tutorials > Data Analysis > Harmonic Estimation Tutorial. The analysis object created can be changed into a formula and used as a starting point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.