FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

apply a formula to many files

Home > Community > FPScript > apply a formula to many files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bacle julienbacle julien
    Participant

hello,

I am looking for apply formula to thousand of text file.
    I have already maked a formula who take some specifics text line from one file and return them. But I want extract text line from many files automatically. I have one folder by file and I want created a new data set in each folder with the formula return automatically.

thanks by advance

bacle julienbacle julien
    Participant

hello,

I am looking for apply formula to thousand of text file.
    I have already maked a formula who take some specifics text line from one file and return them. But I want extract text line from many files automatically. I have one folder by file and I want created a new data set in each folder with the formula return automatically.

thanks by advance

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

This is possible with VBA in FlexPro Professional.
    You could write a macro which imports the files automatically and generates the data sets in FlexPro. You could copy the analysis objects and presentation objects (e.g. formulas, diagrams) from a template database into the project database. Then you can manipulate these objects in FlexPro and it’s not necessary to create these objects with VBA.

See also the ImportFilter example (ImportFilter.FPD).

support@weisang.com

bacle julienbacle julien
    Participant

thanks you a lot.

but I haven´t got the pro edition. I have got the standart edition of flexpro 6.0.

So, is it possible without VBA ?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

In this case you have to manually copy the formula in each folder.
    Eventually you can use the activate Folder command:

To do this, you set up several folders in the database. Each folder contains the respective data sets from a certain measurement. You create the document objects and analysis objects in the parent folder. Here, it is important that the data sets from the various measurements are always given the same name.

Now for example, before you update a document and thus trigger a calculation, activate the folder from which the data is to be taken using the (De)activate Folder command. All of the objects in the activated folder are then displayed in the parent folder. Therefore, FlexPro first searches in the activated folder for all data sets referenced in formulas, curves, etc., and then, if they are not found there, it searches within the parent folder.

support@weisang.com

bacle julienbacle julien
    Participant

thanks you for your fast answer.

But I have got other problems because I haven´t got VBA. So now I think I will programmed in c++ and I will used flexpro just for data visualization.

thank you for your solution purpose.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.