FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Active folder principal not working in document

Home > Community > General > Active folder principal not working in document

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Krista TweedKrista Tweed

I’m using the diagram wizard to create a document with a diagram in it by selecting “As a new document” in the final step of the diagram wizard. When I do that and then activate a new folder with different data, the diagram in the document never updates with the new data.

If I create a diagram as an object and then place the diagram in a new document, then it will update as the active folder changes.

Krista TweedKrista Tweed

I’m using the diagram wizard to create a document with a diagram in it by selecting “As a new document” in the final step of the diagram wizard. When I do that and then activate a new folder with different data, the diagram in the document never updates with the new data.

If I create a diagram as an object and then place the diagram in a new document, then it will update as the active folder changes.

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

The active folder principle is working only if there are no absolute path names usesd to link the data sets to the curves in the diagram. If you open the Data tab of the Curve property sheet then you should find something like “Signal1” and not “Measurement1Signal1”. FlexPro uses absolute path names only if the data set is in a different folder and if that folders content is not embedded into the folder where the document is created. To make sure that the activation of a different folder has the expeced effect, proceed as follows:

1. Import the datat of the first measurement into a sub-folder of the current folder.
    2. Select the data sets to be visualized. Make sure that you do not leave the current folder. Instead you just select the data as it is embedded into the current folder.
    3. Create a a document with a diagram using the Diagram Wizard.
    4. Now import a second measurement and update the document. The diagram will adjust to the new data.

Please note that the update needs to be manually triggered by clicking on Update or Update All. FlexPro automatically updates a diagram only in case the cursors in the diagram are activated while a new folder is actived.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.