Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

FlexPro Crashes

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > FlexPro Crashes

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

To test the stability of FlexPro, I designed a very simple programme that creates formula’s and evaluates them as datsets. The programme doesn’t stop untill it crashes.
    I ran the programme several times at it crashes every time with the message “Method ‘Add’ of object ‘IFolder’ failed”
    Overview:
    Run 1: 10166 cycles
    Run 2: 10045 cycles
    Run 3: 9593 cycles
    Run 4: 8762 cycles
    Run 5: 7432 cycles
    Run 6: 9932 cycles (restarted FlexPro before this run => memory cleared)

The source code:

Option Explicit
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 1
    Do While i > 0
    With ActiveDatabase.ActiveFolder.Add(i, fpObjectTypeFormula)
    .Formula = 1 * 5
    .Update
    .Evaluate
    End With
    i = i + 1
    TextBox1.Text = i
    UserForm1.Repaint
    Loop
    End Sub

The programme form consists of a button (start) and a textbox that displays the cycle number.
    After the crash I delete the datasets manually. I select all the datasets and press ‘Delete’. FlexPro then comes with the message “There is insufficient memory available to complete operation”. Checking the memeory reveals that of the 512 Mb memory 230 Mb is still available. The PC is using Windows XP Professional and FlexPro 6.0.28

I designed this programme because my main programme crashed after a while for no obvious reason at a location in the code it executed many times before without problems.
    What causes this error and what can I do to solve it ???

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

This is a variant of a known issue. The issue is mainly caused by a limitation of the OLE compound file format which is used to store FlexPro databases in single file format. This file format uses a fixed size for managing open storages (folders) and streams (other objects). The size of this fixed memory area is different across operating systems versions (WinNT 4.0: 4 MB, Win2K: 2 MB, Win9x/WinNT 3.51 64MB!!, WinXP: unknown probably similar to Win2K).

Currently the only workaround for this issue is to store your databases in multi file format. They do not have such a limitation and will perform better in case of large databases. Please search for ‘How Databases are Stored’ or ‘Wie Datenbanken gespeichert werden’ (in the german version of the online help) for some general hints on the topic.

In FlexPro 7 we will further try to reduce the number of open storages so that this issue will arise even more seldom.

Support
    support@weisang.com

To test the stability of FlexPro, I designed a very simple programme that creates formula’s and evaluates them as datsets. The programme doesn’t stop untill it crashes.
    I ran the programme several times at it crashes every time with the message “Method ‘Add’ of object ‘IFolder’ failed”
    Overview:
    Run 1: 10166 cycles
    Run 2: 10045 cycles
    Run 3: 9593 cycles
    Run 4: 8762 cycles
    Run 5: 7432 cycles
    Run 6: 9932 cycles (restarted FlexPro before this run => memory cleared)

The source code:

Option Explicit
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 1
    Do While i > 0
    With ActiveDatabase.ActiveFolder.Add(i, fpObjectTypeFormula)
    .Formula = 1 * 5
    .Update
    .Evaluate
    End With
    i = i + 1
    TextBox1.Text = i
    UserForm1.Repaint
    Loop
    End Sub

The programme form consists of a button (start) and a textbox that displays the cycle number.
    After the crash I delete the datasets manually. I select all the datasets and press ‘Delete’. FlexPro then comes with the message “There is insufficient memory available to complete operation”. Checking the memeory reveals that of the 512 Mb memory 230 Mb is still available. The PC is using Windows XP Professional and FlexPro 6.0.28

I designed this programme because my main programme crashed after a while for no obvious reason at a location in the code it executed many times before without problems.
    What causes this error and what can I do to solve it ???

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.