Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Apply function to a data folder

Home > Community > Automation and VBA > Apply function to a data folder

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

I would like to applie a FPS function to every dataset contained in a folder in order to create automaticly a formula for each signal.
    For example, if I have a folder containing 3 signals Va, Vb & Vc, I would like to applie the predifined function RMS_func and create 3 formulas Va_RMS, Vb_RMS, Vc_RMS.

I’ve read the help file but I’m not able to do that in VBA.

Thanks for you help

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

I would like to applie a FPS function to every dataset contained in a folder in order to create automaticly a formula for each signal.
    For example, if I have a folder containing 3 signals Va, Vb & Vc, I would like to applie the predifined function RMS_func and create 3 formulas Va_RMS, Vb_RMS, Vc_RMS.

I’ve read the help file but I’m not able to do that in VBA.

Thanks for you help

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

There is a manual way to achieve this. Place your function formula (starting with Arguments … and named e.g. _RMS) in the folder and drag the signals onto that formula. This creates for each signal a new formula containing the application of the function on the signal.

Using Automation this small code sample performs the same task:

Option Explicit

Const FunctionPath As String = "\RMS_func"
    Const FunctionPrefix As String = "_RMS"

Public Sub ApplyFunction()

Dim fldSignals As Folder
        Set fldSignals = ActiveDatabase.ActiveFolder

Dim cllSignals As FpObjects
        Set cllSignals = fldSignals.Objects(fpObjectTypeDataSet)

Dim dsSignal As DataSet
        Dim fmlApplSignal As Formula
        For Each dsSignal In cllSignals
            Set fmlApplSignal = fldSignals.Add(dsSignal.Name & FunctionPrefix, fpObjectTypeFormula)
            With fmlApplSignal
                .Author = "Macro ApplyFunction()"
                .Formula = FunctionPath & "(" & dsSignal.Name & ")" & vbCrLf
                .ReadOnly = True
            End With
        Next

End Sub

HerveM1234HerveM1234
    Teilnehmer

Hi again,

is it possible to proceed if the folder is containning indifferently Formulas and/or Datasets?

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

If you want to apply your function to only a subset of datasets present in the active folder, you can replace the argument of the folders Objects() property. E.g. your datasets all have names of a specific pattern (like 2014_11_xx_07_yy denoting a measurement from a november day starting a 7 o’clock) you may use a regular expression (“^2014_11_\d{2}_07_\d{2}\.DAT$”) to filter out the desired selection.

More on regular expressions can be found in the Online Help in the chapter Automating Processes > Automation Using FlexPro Visual Basic > FlexPro Visual Basic Reference > Objects and Collections > F > Folder > Properties > Objects.

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.