Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

2-D Diagram vs. Worksheet

Home > Community > General > 2-D Diagram vs. Worksheet

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor

I am working to analyze 4-5 physiologic signals recorded over several hours at 100 hz (a lot of data.) I need to display all the signals and scroll through them. I usually like to see 30 sec of data per page. I’m having a hard time deciding whether to use a 2-d diagram or a worksheet. I’ll present what I think are the advantages and disadvantages of each. I can code the missing features for each option, but I want to start off with the right decision:

Worksheet:

Advantage:
    Scrolling features built in
    Can activate the signal I am most interested in analyzing

Disadvantage:
    Can’t easily save a snapshot of the screen as a 2-d graph for presentation purposes (easiest to print it to a .PDF, but then limited ability to edit it after)
    Changes made to one pane don’t reliable affect all panes – for example if I manually change the scaling of the x axis on the top pane, the other panes don’t change as well (even if zoom in sync is set)

2-D Diagram:

Advantage:
    All panes properly sync’d
    Can easily save a snapshot for presentation

Disadvantage:
    No scrolling built in – would have to create macros to navigate through the signal

Any suggestions?

Paul

I am working to analyze 4-5 physiologic signals recorded over several hours at 100 hz (a lot of data.) I need to display all the signals and scroll through them. I usually like to see 30 sec of data per page. I’m having a hard time deciding whether to use a 2-d diagram or a worksheet. I’ll present what I think are the advantages and disadvantages of each. I can code the missing features for each option, but I want to start off with the right decision:

Worksheet:

Advantage:
    Scrolling features built in
    Can activate the signal I am most interested in analyzing

Disadvantage:
    Can’t easily save a snapshot of the screen as a 2-d graph for presentation purposes (easiest to print it to a .PDF, but then limited ability to edit it after)
    Changes made to one pane don’t reliable affect all panes – for example if I manually change the scaling of the x axis on the top pane, the other panes don’t change as well (even if zoom in sync is set)

2-D Diagram:

Advantage:
    All panes properly sync’d
    Can easily save a snapshot for presentation

Disadvantage:
    No scrolling built in – would have to create macros to navigate through the signal

Any suggestions?

Paul

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Teilnehmer

The worksheet is not an alternative to a 2d-diagram, instead it is a container for one or more linked or embedded diagrams (similar to a document). Its purpose is to display multiple diagrams in one window and to synchronize the cursors between diagrams.

From the Automation point of view, a diagram and a worksheet are both “cursor objects”. In case of a worksheet, this object is managing the cusrors for up to 8 panes containing individual diagrams. In case of a diagram it is managing just its own cursors. If you use a worksheet, you can of course access each individual diagram within that.

Both alternatives do allow scrolling and zooming. In case of a diagram, the cursors must be enabled whereas in case of a worksheet the cursors are always enabled.

To syncronize zooming in a worksheet, you need to use the zoom between cursor function instead of manipulating the axis directly.

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.