Forum FlexPro – Discuss your topic!

Creating a Dataset

Accueil > Community > FPScript > Creating a Dataset

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John GerhardyJohn Gerhardy
    Participant

Hello,

is it possible to create a Dataset and save data there in a formula?

I have a formual which makes calculations from data collected for a measured part using the activated folder function. In this way I can make the same calculations for each part measured by just changeing the activated folder and refreshing the display.

When the calcualtions are complete, I would like to save the results of the calculations in a table under the part number for later reference.

When I try to store the results in a dataset matrix, I get the information that the left side of the allocation can is not allowed, that the expression can only contain a local variable or an arguement.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    jgerhardy

John GerhardyJohn Gerhardy
    Participant

Hello,

is it possible to create a Dataset and save data there in a formula?

I have a formual which makes calculations from data collected for a measured part using the activated folder function. In this way I can make the same calculations for each part measured by just changeing the activated folder and refreshing the display.

When the calcualtions are complete, I would like to save the results of the calculations in a table under the part number for later reference.

When I try to store the results in a dataset matrix, I get the information that the left side of the allocation can is not allowed, that the expression can only contain a local variable or an arguement.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    jgerhardy

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

It’s not possible to manipulate an original data set using a FPScript formula.
    If you want to save the results of each measurement (folder) you have to copy the FPScript formulas into the subfolder (measurement folder). With VBA it’s possible to automate these steps.

support@weisang.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.