FlexPro Forum – Discuss Your Topic!

Charting from Excel Data Links

Home > Community > General > Charting from Excel Data Links

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello I am a new FlexPro user. I have successfully created a set of charts by importing an excel workbook and saving off the collumns I need as “data sets”.
    I want to make my charts dynamic, so I am trying to set them up with excel data links instead.

When I try to make the chart, I am getting the following error message.

“”The Y-component of the 9. curve has the wrong data type. Only numeric and Boolian values are permitted.””

my data links consist of one collumn of dates(for the x-axis) and several collumns of data to be plotted for diferent countries. The data is all numbers except for the identifying header at the top of each collumn.

Have you any advice for me,

Many Thanks,

Tim

Hello I am a new FlexPro user. I have successfully created a set of charts by importing an excel workbook and saving off the collumns I need as “data sets”.
    I want to make my charts dynamic, so I am trying to set them up with excel data links instead.

When I try to make the chart, I am getting the following error message.

“”The Y-component of the 9. curve has the wrong data type. Only numeric and Boolian values are permitted.””

my data links consist of one collumn of dates(for the x-axis) and several collumns of data to be plotted for diferent countries. The data is all numbers except for the identifying header at the top of each collumn.

Have you any advice for me,

Many Thanks,

Tim

Bernhard KantzBernhard Kantz
    Participant

To create the Excel data links in FlexPro proceed as follows:

1. select all columns including the headers and the time column in Excel-View in FlexPro Explorer.
    2. drag the selected rectangle with the mouse to the list view of FlexPro explorer.
    3. In the dialog box select One data series per column, check The following column contains the X values and enter 1 as the column number.

Now check the contents column in the list view for each data series. They should all be numeric. If one of them is string, please check the data in the excel sheet.

If you cannot find the reason for the problem, please send the FlexPro database to support@weisang.com.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.